This week on The DayBreak Blog, we’re sharing some news based on what we are seeing in the current marketplace.
The fast paced nature of society in general today bleeds into all aspects of life, and the job market is no different. As our attention spans and focus are under attack from all sorts of distractions, we find that there are many different variables that are competing for our time. This is why it is vital to have your resumé stand apart from the competition when navigating your employment search.
A recruiter generally spends less than 10 seconds skimming a resumé to determine whether or not they will push your candidacy to a hiring manager of an organization. That means you need your resumé to speak to the job description and highlight why you are different than all the other applicants that are on a recruiter’s desk; and you need it to be easily and quickly digestible to the recruiter. The key word is “skimmable.” The perfect resumé won’t guarantee you will be hired, but it gets you in the conversation.
According to The Wall Street Journal, here are 5 ways to make your resumé stand apart from the competition:
- Prioritize your LinkedIn Profile.
- Focus and hone in on your relevant professional work history.
- Lose the professional statement and customize your resumé to the particular opportunity you are applying for.
- Use numbers to quantify your experience.
- Don’t rely on ChatGPT. Recruiters can often spot an AI created resumé and if you can’t speak to what your resumé says in an interview, you’ll be no better off.
For more details and to read the full article from The Wall Street Journal, click the link below!